Like I said in my previous blog, I have moved my blog from iPage.com to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. There were 2 motivation to move my blog to my own Cloud. One was because iPage.com was very slow. It’s a cheap service so I was getting what I was paying for. My second motivation was I wanted to Dockerize everything just because I was very curious about what I could do with the technical knowledge I learned over the years. So, what consists of this blog?
- A Ubuntu VM
- VM.Standard.E3.Flex Shape
- 1 CPU with 2GB Memory
- Docker CE
- MySQL Container
- phpMyAdmin Container
- WordPress Container
- NGINX Container as a Reverse Proxy
- All Containers are in docker-compose YAML file
- Internet Gateway
- Security List to accept traffic from the Internet to the VM.
- Change to A Record in iPage.com’s DNS to the public IP address.
I have used Terraform to provision the VM so that I can consistently reprovision the same VM over and over.
I will write about the details more in the coming weeks as I organize what I have done to accomplish the migration.