I feel extremely lucky that I am working for the company that I am working for. It’s a job and there are things I don’t like but I am doing what I have wanted to do. I think Terraform is an important technology to manage cloud resources, so I am listing the things I wish I had known
- Terraform is a compiled go-lang executable.
- Terraform communicates with Terraform state file. It reads from and writes to the state file.
- Terraform communicates with cloud through provider.
- Terraform state file can be stored locally or on Object Storage.
- Terraform can import existing cloud resources to the state file.
The list can go on. I will add more when they pop in my mind.