At the time of writing this blog, I am planning to migrate this blog from ipage.com to OCI’s free tier. Here is the list of what I’m planning.
- Backing up database.
- Backing up WordPress files.
- Install CentOS 7 on OCI and update.
- Configure CentOS 7 to accept 80 and 443 inbound traffic.
- Install Maria DB on it.
- Install NGINX.
- Install myPHPAdmin and get it to work with Maria DB.
- Restore data to the Maria DB database.
- Create user for WordPress in Maria DB and give it privileges.
- Upload the backed up WordPress files.
- Configure wp-config.php.
- Configure SSL in NGINX.
- Configure NGINX to redirect HTTP (port 80) to HTTPS (port 443).
- Change DNS configuration in ipage.com to route the traffic to the OCI instance.
I decided to go for NGINX because I feel it is a superior web service/reverse proxy. I will write more about the migration as I go through every single step.