The home project I’ve been working on is to migrate this blog site hosted on ipage.com to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. On my way to it, I’m also dockerize it.
Before I start a WordPress container, I should think about how I’m going to host the dockerized WordPress. In other words, I need to think about the architecture. Here is what I’m thinking.
I’m going to list the things I will work on.
- Open ports 80 and 443. Possibly just open http and https in firewalld.
- Install NGINX, start and enable it.
- Install Docker Compose.
- Create docker compose file and start WordPress.
- Open port 80 to the instance on OCI side.
- Map Docker 80 to 80 just to test it.
- Create SSL certificate using https://www.sslforfree.com/
- Implement SSL on NGINX
- Route port 443 traffic to NGINX to port 80 of the WordPress container. Make sure it works.
- Migrate the data.
- Change DNS to point the IP address hosted on OCI.
There is still quite a bit of way to go but it’s going to be fun.