My blog is hosted at ipage.com. I don’t really have a problem with it. The price is very reasonable and I’ve been with them for a few years.
I’m an engineer and I want to have control over every single thing. The best option is to move my blog to cloud. By doing this project, I will be learning how things work with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Here is what I have already done.
- Created my own personal Oracle Cloud Infrastructure account and set the budget limit though I have 30 days trial with $300 credit so I have a plenty of time.
- Created a Oracle Linux 7 VM.
- Installed Docker on it. Referred to this article.
- Downloaded my WordPress files to my local dev machine.
- Backed up MySQL database as SQL file as data backup.
As you may be able to see, I’m planning to migrate my WordPress blog to Docker. I will try to blog about the process I’m taking in the coming days.