Skip to content
- Container is not a VM.
- Container is just another process.
- dockerd does not sit between the OS and container. It’s also another process.
- docker image history
- docker image history imagenamehere –no-image-trunc
- Do not add any secrets in Docker images. Rebuild if it’s the case.
- RUN apt-get update && \
apt-get install -y pythong python-pip && \
This reduces the size of the image instead of using many RUNs.
- Persist data: -v $HOME/mysql-data:/var/lib/mysql (volume)
- docker volume inspect to find actual location.
- Mind the clustered environment for data persistence.
- If containers are in the same subnet, they can talk to each other.
- Docker DNS resolves IPs .
- Docker Compose
- Orchestration Managers, Workers
- Docker Swarm
Lecture by Kohsuke Kawaguchi (the creator of Jenkins)
- Data driven DevOps
- Email appropriate team instead of just to DevOps on build/deployment failures.
- Even stupid regex will work.
- Machine Learning
- Cultural shift is very difficult.
- Don’t just tell your boss that you want to do something but show him/her things will be glorious with data.